Chiropractic and Yoga for Maintaining Youth and Flexibility by Dr. Vickie Stubin Master
Have you ever wanted to feel more free in your body? Movement is life.
• Yoga is about keeping the spine and body flexible and strong by increasing joint motion and muscle length and strength.
• Chiropractic is about keeping the spinal joints flexible by maintaining a healthy spine and nervous system and removing stress to the nervous system.
• Both Yoga and Chiropractic improve the functioning of the organs, circulatory system, nervous system, glandular system and muscular system.
• Both help to balance the sympathetic and parasympathetic system, calming a nervous system that is overstimulated, and energizing a nervous system that is underactive.
• A person who regularly does Yoga and receives Chiropractic care is a person who will enjoy a better quality of life because motion is life, and a balanced nervous system helps us handle the stress in our lives.
The major premise of Chiropractic is that alignment of the spine and removal of stress to the nervous system can restore and maintain health. This is achieved by detecting areas of the spine where there is poor motion and function of the spinal joints therefore blocking the vital nerve flow. Nerves transmit energy which is like electricity, from the nervous system to the organs, glands and muscles. By gently adjusting the areas of the spine where the nerve flow and motion are impaired, the Chiropractor helps the body to function properly as the nerve flow is restored to the vital organs, gland, muscles and cells.
Yoga is defined as the union of body mind and spirit. Deep breathing and gentle sustained stretching of every muscle through asanas or poses, restores the life force or prana to the body. This improves flexibility, oxygen and circulation to the organs, muscles, glands and cells giving one a supple and healthy body, mind and spirit.
The similarities between the effects and theories of Yoga and Chiropractic are remarkable. Both improve posture, circulation, flexibility, and life force or prana. Both Yoga and Chiropractic reduce stress on the body, increase energy and help balance hormones. This improves sleep, productivity and peace of mind.
Dr. Vickie’s approach to Chiropractic focuses on bringing improved health, vitality and balance to the body by gently, naturally, and safely removing stress to the spine and nervous system. Dr. Victoria Dubin Master has been practicing for Chiropractic 28 years. She is truly passionate about helping families of all ages with gentle adjustments, classes, workshops, nutrition, and events to empower people to embrace their natural ability to heal and therefore enjoy a full and healthy life as nature intended.
She became a certified yoga teacher in 2009 so that she could use her knowledge in yoga to aid her patients in the care and rehabilitation of their bodies, along with their Chiropractic care. After practicing Chiropractic for 27 years, she has seen some people get hurt doing yoga, or any exercise routine, if their spine is imbalanced or stressed. Getting checked by a chiropractor before starting a yoga practice, or any new physical activity, is highly recommended.
Chiropractic, as well as yoga, are imperative for a heathy and happy life. If you have any questions please email Dr. Vickie at firstname.lastname@example.org or call her Saddle River office at (201)708-8448.
Mention this article and receive a consultation and evaluation at her office for a discounted fee of $50.00 (normally $150.00) to see if Chiropractic can help you.